We are opening nominations for two positions on the Ubuntu IRC Council. We are filling in slots opened by resignations (IdleOne resigned last year, and AlanBell just announced to us he is resigning). We felt we could still perform with four members of the council but not with just three.
Details of the IRC Council can be read on the wiki; a summary of the nomination requirements is below (but all are suggested to read the wiki in full):
Elections of new IRC Council members will be held in the following way:
- An open call for nominations should be announced in the IRC Community, and people can nominate themselves for a seat on the council. Everyone is welcome to apply.
- To apply for a seat the candidate creates a Wiki page outlining their work in the community, and inviting others to provide testimonials.
- When the application deadline has passed, the IRC Council will review the applications and provide feedback on the candidates for the Community Council to review.
- The Community Council will identify a shortlist for the board and circulate the list publically for feedback from the community.
- The shortlist identified by the Community Council will be voted upon by team members as described at CommunityCouncil/Delegation. Members of the Ubuntu IRC Members Team are eligible to vote.
- The Community Council will then finalise the appointment of IRC Council members.
The deadline for the nominations will be announced later on.
Originally posted to the ubuntu-irc mailing list on Thu Oct 2 23:15:11 UTC 2014 by C de-Avillez